Warlord AOE skill mechanics / General Fighter skills

rado

Лейтенант
Симпатии
Баллы
First i want to point that all fighter skills's casting is cancelable by receiving damage even though they are not Magic Type abilities, im not sure if it's a classic client thing since i am not too much familiar with the Classic series, but does it really make sense?
I am not even sure if Concentration and/or item provided casting cancel bonuses work on Fighters since they are strictly set to adventage Magical type skills only.

Second i want to talk about how when you start casting a skill for example Stun Blast/Quick Spear and your target dies before the cast finish, it automatically cancels any AOE damage around the target but it finishes casting anyway which happens about 50% of times in mass pvp and it only wastes your skills cooldown dealing 0 damage to nobody... Now i am not sure if Meele skills work this way, but i believe they do as well.

Those two things being said... you get less than 50% chance to actually deal any damage as a Warrior class and especially a Warlord which is a War-Lord for a reason... you rush in the battle and use your STRENGHT to stun and deal solid hand-weapon damage... you are not a caster, magician, wizard or anything like that... If your skills are cancelable and you are a mass pvp class that is supposed to stay in the middle of the fight, then why even try if your every move will be canceled 70% of times. But the worst of all is when your Spear Howl which has almost 1 minute cooldown gets canceled, i swear it happens most of the times.

@Sweet

RBR

Вице-адмирал
Симпатии
Баллы
All skills can be cancelled by target cancels. This is simply how the game works, magic or physical.

Targeted skills will not hit around them if the target dies, this is also standard L2 gameplay mechanics. If you are unable to get your skills off, then you should be stunning people first before using spear howl.

Sometimes shit just gets cancelled, but 70%? No - it's more like 10-20%.

rado

Лейтенант
Симпатии
Баллы
All skills can be cancelled by target cancels. This is simply how the game works, magic or physical.

Targeted skills will not hit around them if the target dies, this is also standard L2 gameplay mechanics. If you are unable to get your skills off, then you should be stunning people first before using spear howl.

Sometimes shit just gets cancelled, but 70%? No - it's more like 10-20%.
Im not sure if you understood correctly or you have read every single word of what i wrote.... The matter of skill cancelation is due to receiving damage, not due to target being cancelled via Switch/Trick/Mirage or whatever other skill source. How can you stun the target first if the stun itself is being cancelled due to taking damage just as if it's a Magical skill ? No it's not a standart L2 gameplay mechanic, it's more like a standart L2Java unfinished work mechanic... It also makes no sense that you finished your skill launch on an already dead target and it literally does nothing, it doesn't stun around and it does no damage around, it just eats your skills cooldown... those are really nonsense things.

rado

Лейтенант
Симпатии
Баллы
And it's funny how you gave your POV as if you were talking facts and actually knew anything about mechanics while you havent even get the point of what is said above

RBR

Вице-адмирал
Симпатии
Баллы
Physical skills cannot be interrupted, to my understanding. That can only be cancelled, ie aura flash, trick, switch, target cancelling skills .

If they can I'd love to see some evidence though, as that would be a bug. I suggest maybe recording it and showing a vid where we can see, as I also play a physical class and I dont remember ever seeing them be interrupted by taking damage.

rado

Лейтенант
Симпатии
Баллы
Physical skills cannot be interrupted, to my understanding. That can only be cancelled, ie aura flash, trick, switch, target cancelling skills .

If they can I'd love to see some evidence though, as that would be a bug. I suggest maybe recording it and showing a vid where we can see, as I also play a physical class and I dont remember ever seeing them be interrupted by taking damage.
Exactly. Physical skills shouldnt be interruptable by damage source, only Magical skills. But they both are working the same here.
Also the second thing is easily fixable by just making the skill cast automatically cancel on target death and making the skills cooldown start as the skills finish casting instead on instant button press.
Or just code them to deal damage around even if target dead which would be logically correct.

RBR

Вице-адмирал
Симпатии
Баллы
But this doesn't happen.. Physical skills do not get interrupted. If you can give me one evidence of this happening I'd be happy to be proven wrong but I've never once seen a physical skill interrupted by taking damage and I've played this server for 5 seasons.

rado

Лейтенант
Симпатии
Баллы
But this doesn't happen.. Physical skills do not get interrupted. If you can give me one evidence of this happening I'd be happy to be proven wrong but I've never once seen a physical skill interrupted by taking damage and I've played this server for 5 seasons.
Why would i bother wasting my time providing you evidence as if you could change anything, brother really what's with all the people asking for proofs and evidence here, am i in a police department or something?... I already am a test subject giving my report on something that doesn't work right, the farther test requirement to fixing the issue is a staff member's duty testing it himself and making sure it really is so as said... are you a staff member ? Anyways, have you ever played Warlord ? Because the topic title says Warlord mechanics which are way different than ordinary single target gameplay. However what you mentioned about skills getting cancelled due to target-cancellation is also false since that should not be working on Warlord because his melee skills require no target at all in order to be launched and that is also why the Ranged skills that require target only to be started launching should be doing AOE damage even if the launch is finished on a dead target since it's an AOE skill just like the melee ones which require no target the only difference is the ranged requires a target to be start casting... that doesn't change the fact they all are AOE type skills...

I really hope you understood after me saying the same thing in about 5 posts.

Also Spear Howl's critical possibility is completely disabled. Now i am not sure if it's a balance purpose and should be like that... I am just saying because it's a 12.000 worth skill after all.

rado

Лейтенант
Симпатии
Баллы
Yeah. I play warlord. I know what I'm talking about :) Anyone else here like Pizza?

Посмотреть вложение 6616
Then i would say you have no idea about rushing into the fight being a suicider and getting ur skills cancelled by damage since you play supported by entire party... as already said by me ingame you rly have no knowledge how the game works, you just spam skills getting pampered by supports... do you even pay attention to what is happening with your char in the fight, cause obviously you know not what you're talking about.

h3llary

Участник ЗБТ
Симпатии
Баллы
Dude is not sure of anything, doesn’t know how things and mechanics work in lineage and yet talks shit as if he knows something

rado

Лейтенант
Симпатии
Баллы
Dude is not sure of anything, doesn’t know how things and mechanics work in lineage and yet talks shit as if he knows something
you are both clueless, imagine having 4k pvps on a class you know absolutely nothing at all, just that it deals mass damage... he's just like you who play gladi and call on people about absurd things which make no sense, babbling the same bullshit for 10 posts making no points at all but losing few

rado

Лейтенант
Симпатии
Баллы
Literally clown.

Topic can be closed. Retarded kid doesn’t know shit and how skills must work and yet states everything is wrong, without any proof. Clown, get better.
kys crack smoker wannabe forum mod, i bet your biggest success in life is getting 3k posts on a video game server Forum :sneaky:
the only thing you can really brag about... too bad almost all of your posts are nonsense using the same mind-script which tries to prove somebody something, or just prove urself you are not the miserable failure in denial you really are :confused:

rado

Лейтенант
Симпатии
Баллы
I just tested it monitoring closely at Siege and it happened a lot... you might be right in this case but not completely, since everybody spams Aura-flash.
Why it doesn't make sense to me is as i already mentioned, the AOE melee skills does not require a target to be launched in first place... it's why it does not seem right to get cancelled by a target removal or at all getting skill interruptions as a Warlord.

However the other issue with target-cast-death remains and it also doesn't seem as it's supposed to be since you end up with nothing but a wasted skill cooldown.
Looking forward to staff finding a reasonable fix to both issues. Also i think Spear Howl should be given a chance at critting with if not at full 100% critical damage, at least 50% @Sweet

Последнее редактирование:

rado

Лейтенант
Симпатии
Баллы
There is a buggy mechanic on Quick Spear where it forces you to auto attack the target if you are not far enough to cast it for some reason (it can't be cast in normal /attack range from the target)
So in fights when you click to move back from the target in order to cast the skill and spam the skill button... it actually pulls you back to the target and forces /attack...
Don't know why it requires you to be like about 150 range from the target in first place while Stun Blast is exactly the same skill and it does not.
@Sweet